Re: Finding Boards - Multi-game questions

From: Steven Winslow <winslow_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Tue Feb 06 2001 - 01:52:48 EST

Hi Ted !

There has been some talk about making a UNIVERSAL sound board for Sega
VECTORS but I haven't heard anything about the progress of it. Outside of
that it's a scavenger hunt to locate each of the individual sound boards.

Gamearchive
<http://www.gamearchive.com/video/manufacturer/sega-gremlin/vector/html/sega
xysystem.html> has some really good general information about the
soundboards (although the page hasn't been updated since 1998 !) Doesn't
really seem to be a lot of other information on Sega Vectors on the web.

It would be great to document some of the Repair/Refurbishment procedures
for G08 monitors and Sega Vector power supplies. I think I remember Jon
Raiford discussing on the list a modification to the power supply using a
relay to act as a sort of "spotkiller" to protect the monitor but I don't
have the details. Jon, Do you have this procedure documented that you
could post ?

I have two machines that could use this mod - A Space Fury & a Tac/Scan.
Luckily I haven't had any problems with them yet. If you find any other
docs on the web LMK !

I've only seen sound boards on EBAY once in the past couple years and that
was over a year ago.

The best choice is a Star Trek control panel to work with Clay's multigame.
 Clay can probably give you more good information. <http://www.multigame.com>

Have Fun !

Steve