Re: Soldering crusty wires

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Sun Feb 11 2001 - 18:42:11 EST

This usually happens on Atari wiring harnesses near the edge connector. It
is usually best to just cup off about two inches of wire to get to the
non-overheated part. It is too much trouble to try and clean each strand of
wire plus you won't get nearly as good an electrical connection if any of
the strands are not soldered-it will overheat faster!

John :-#)#