RE: Wintron Amplifone HV Transformers

From: Tim Tewalt <tim_at_srccomp.com>
Date: Thu Feb 22 2001 - 11:42:57 EST

It is my understanding that the installation instructions have been revised
since I put one in my ESB (no longer have it) in 1994. The HV unit was
fine for about six months, then blew with a giant "POP". The HV transformer
was made my PennTrans, before they were bought out by Wintron... you know...
back when they only cost $130 at Mountain Coin. :)

So, make sure you get the revised installation instructions and don't
believe
any statement that claims these HV transformers never fail. :)

Please let me know how it goes. My friend Bryan and I will be resurrecting
two SW cockpits this spring.

Tim

P.S. Is Keith Jarrett on this list?