Re: Finally: Cosmic Chasm

From: Mark Shostak <shostak_at_directlink.net>
Date: Tue Feb 27 2001 - 14:37:09 EST

>The power supply looks...well...interesting :-). I am considering not even
>messing with it and simply using a switching power supply and a stock G08
>transformer from a Sega XY. Any thoughts/opinions on this decision? Any
>help in this arena would be appreciated.

The power supply in CC is kind of like the G08;
it's not as scary as it looks at first glance.
It's basically composed of a few standard Cine power supplies,
an isolation xformer and audio amp. It's all on a metal plate
(or pan) and comes out fairly easily (if you have a strong back).

Repair is straight forward linear power supply repair.

I wouldn't replace it unless it was physically damaged (water/fire/etc).

If you have any specific questions, feel free to email.

-Mark