RE: Sega G-80/Cinematronics Multigame Soundboard

From: Fish, David <David.Fish_at_axcelis.com>
Date: Tue Feb 27 2001 - 15:00:58 EST

> Serious question: This would be just the sound effects, not
> the speech,
> correct ? I recall a discussion that making a 'multi-speech'
> board was
> really just making a bank-switched ROM for the existing board.

 I really wish it was that simple, it would have saved alot of time
and effort... errr... I mean it will save someone alot of time and
effort. The speech data is not formatted the same in every game,
Space Fury and Astro Blaster share the same format but it's different
for Star Trek and Zektor, hence, the different code in EPROM #808B vs.
EPROM #1607. Simple bank switching of the SP0250 data doesn't work.
You would have to bank switch the CODE also, kinda kludgy.

Dave