Re: Cosmic Chasm Sideart

From: tom mcclintock <tomm_at_mgcap.com>
Date: Thu Mar 01 2001 - 14:29:41 EST

Mark:

Photographic enlargements would work to an extent on small scale
enlargements. Take a look at your flyer and you will see the pixel
"dots" that are used to print colors using CMYK. The screen printing is
done with spot colors, so it is solid and would be a better basis to
start from. If you had an original NOS piece of CC sideart, you could
easily scan that and have it printed out. Results would be *ok*, and
much less expensive than new screened art. ***OR*** if you want to get a
little creative, you could scan the sideart directly off your machine,
size it correctly and print form that. :)

I'd like some thoughts on this as well. I'm trying to find a suitable
solution to CPO and marquees reproduction on a one or two run basis... I
know Atari did it on their prototypes.

tm