Re: RE: Reproduction Tempest spinners?

From: <tamoore_at_freeway.net>
Date: Mon Mar 05 2001 - 16:12:49 EST

About 6 months ago, I was willing to make a plastic injection mold to
reproduce with 100% accuracy the tempest spinner knob. I did some
research, and came up with a price of about $40 each, shipped. This
initial price would have covered my materials and molding costs only
(no labor) on an initial run of parts (I had 30 or so people saying
they would buy one). After several pople commented that $40 was too
much to spend for the knob, and a distibutor lost interest im buying a
large lot of spinners from me, I gave up the project. I would still
think about doing the mold, but the price would have to remain at $40
unless someone offers to buy a few hundred all at once....

Todd Moore