RE: Reproduction Tempest spinners?

From: Rosenzweig, Joel B <joel.b.rosenzweig_at_intel.com>
Date: Mon Mar 05 2001 - 08:59:29 EST

Ok, so maybe I'm not going crazy. I looked at that knob and thought "That
doesn't look like a real Tempest knob. It looks exactly like a knob on some
of my father's Ham radio equipment!" I'll have to check his Collins gear
next time I visit. As far as I recall (and that might not be too far,
but..) the real Tempest spinner has a "flat" top with a totally different
style edge around the circumference on the top side. The picture here
definitely does not look like any of the knobs that I have seen on any
Tempest - this one being the odd man out. At least this repro has the skirt
around the base. :-)