Re: More Cosmic Chasm pics

From: Jeff Anderson <mayday19_at_idt.net>
Date: Tue Mar 06 2001 - 18:55:01 EST

> Here's a pic of the spinner from underneath. Very interesting, as there are no mounting holes through the CP like you see with most spinners like Tempest or Tac/Scan. The spinner is held into place I would guess similar to how POT controls (like Warlords) are:
> The text on the bottom reads: "PANELCODER", "OPTICAL ENCODER", "DISC INSTRUMENTS, INC.", "COSTA MESA, CA"

Danger Zone & Viper use a similar/same encoder.. Ive only glanced at it,
but it looks exactly the same.. And since they are all cine games I would
think they are identical.. So maybe those games DO have some value after
all :) (theres 2 encoders in each of those games)

I've never seen a Boxing Bugs encoder up close but I'm assuming its also
the same..

> And last but not least, a little more insight to how many Cosmic Chasm's were made...
>
> http://www.enteract.com/~jenison/mars/cc/ccsn.jpg

My CC is #376..

Well to end the confusion on the monitor.. It should be called the
go8-105. The CC manual refers to the monitor as the go8-105. The sticker
on the monitor itself says "product: 38-g08105-00 Chassis:go8cco"

Now CC will work with either the g08-105 or the WG 19k6401. I'm assuming
all
games came with -105's installed? for the -105, the resistors at R4, R12,
R20 on the game board are 3.3k. For the 6401 the resistors are 2.7k to
reduce the color output signal levels.

Jeff