Re: Armor Attack - more questions

From: peter jones <highwayman2000_at_mail.ru>
Date: Wed Mar 28 2001 - 23:14:52 EST

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Sommers <rgvac_aust@dingoblue.net.au>
To: vectorlist@synthcom.com
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 21:55:24 +1000
Subject: VECTOR: Armor Attack - more questions

> Gang,
>
> After I read the roms for my Armor Attack last night, I put them back in the
> board and powered it up and I now get the demo screen with no text!!!! No
> score! No copyrights! Just the tanks playing.
>
> So I flicked it to the diagnostic to see if the copyright is there and I get a
> blank screen - no pattern - no text.
>
> I have checked the roms and sockets and all lines are pulsing.
>
> How can the game play and have no text? Does it look it up on a rom and there
> is something stopping a rom from being read?
>
> Also - this is a Rev K board with 2716's and I want to put the traditional AA
> roms in which are 2732's. Does anyone have the strapping information to do this?
>
> Thanks
> Paul

I put your Rock-Ola roms in mame, run great!
1 thing i found puting them in is that i had to configure the driver for 8k romspace, not 16k.
this probably means that you need to jumper more on the pcb than the rom socket pins.

also, the second set you sent me has only 1 rom different from the std set.
there is a problem with his because the roms are loaded as 16bit.
that means 2 roms should have been different.
i think the second set was just corrupt.
this is seconded by the fact that it wont run in mame.

i noticed that the rock-ola set says 'rock-ola' on the screen but the cinematronics version has no copywrite,rather funny seeing as the set is half the size!

as for the problem you have, it may get the ascii vectors from the proms.

L8r.