Re: Vectrex?

From: <solarfox_at_texas.net>
Date: Tue Apr 24 2001 - 06:00:36 EDT

On Tue, 24 Apr 2001 09:04:48 +0200 (DFT), you wrote:

>> > I wonder how he rigged it so that it only plays when you stick a coin
>> > in the slot, though...
>>
>> Simple way would be to hook the coin switch to the start button, but you
>> wouldn't have the concept of credits.

>It could use PB6 from the 6522 as coin counter like the SpectrumI+ did it.
>The bios would have to be modified to support it, though.

        Actually, another method which occurs to me (don't know why I didn't
think of this before) would be to use a simple up/down counter, and some
kind of logic circuit (or heck, relays even) placed in between the Vectrex
and the controller. Each coin inserted counts up by 1, each press of the
start button counts down by 1, and if the counter value = 0 then the
connection between the Vectrex and the controller is cut so the game can't
be played.

        This has intriguing possibilities... :)