Re: Vectrex?

From: Mathis Rosenhauer <rosenhau_at_dv.go.dlr.de>
Date: Tue Apr 24 2001 - 03:04:48 EDT

On Mon, 23 Apr 2001, Christopher X. Candreva wrote:

> On Mon, 23 Apr 2001 solarfox@texas.net wrote:
>
> > I wonder how he rigged it so that it only plays when you stick a coin
> > in the slot, though...
>
> Simple way would be to hook the coin switch to the start button, but you
> wouldn't have the concept of credits.

It could use PB6 from the 6522 as coin counter like the SpectrumI+ did it.
The bios would have to be modified to support it, though. I've emailed the
seller and he confirmes that there is a Vectrex inside (obvious) but he
couldn't make it work:

"i pluged it in the coin button lights up the screen did
come on but went out im not sure how it works."

This certainly is an interesting item if it really is genuine.

Mathis