RE: Cinematronics sound board info

From: Mark Shostak <shostak_at_nortelnetworks.com>
Date: Thu Apr 26 2001 - 10:13:50 EDT

> has anyone else built this adapter with success other than
> the author ?? :D

Yes; I've built it and used it numerous times.

I use it under Windoze 95.

Three things I would check:

1) Make sure you don't have the cable reversed (pin 1 alignment can get ya)
2) Make sure you have a good ground (unfortunately there isn't one on the
connector)
3) Double check your printer address (as Zonn mentioned)

Regarding #3, in DOS or W95, if you go into debug and type D 0:40<CR>
(IIRC),
it will dump out the address of all printer, serial, etc devices so you can
check
what you're telling Zonn's program.

If you still can't get it working, email me. I have mine pretty much set up,
so I could just talk you through a known working configuration.

-Mark