Re: electrohome G05-805 parts question ..

From: Rodger Boots <rlboots_at_cedar-rapids.net>
Date: Sun Apr 29 2001 - 15:05:39 EDT

A BDW51C crosses to an ECG/NTE284 or SK3836.
A 2N3716 crosses to an ECG/NTE284 or SK9134.

Well, THAT'S kind of interesting! What is the difference between an SK3836 and
SK9134? They are both NPN power transistors in a TO-3 case, but beyond that I
don't know.

There is a common saying "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" that might apply
here. Does it work? Then leave it alone!