Re: Monitor Discharging

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Mon Apr 30 2001 - 01:13:42 EDT

You can use a couple of one meg resistors in series to discharge the
monitor. Highly recommended for VECTOR monitors, particularly the B&W ones.
i have a strong suspicion that shorting the anode to ground to discharge
has blown many a HV diode. I have a write-up on the subject at:

http://www.flippers.com/vid-tips.html#Monitor time to update the page with
some thumbnails...

John :-#)#