Re: Need some help with an Electrohome G08

From: Matt Rossiter <rossiter_at_ni.net>
Date: Fri May 11 2001 - 04:33:38 EDT

I think I may have determined the problem. All the voltages are correct so I
traced the X and Y signals from the input protection board to the chip
(IC600)and out to the Width and Height pots. The X signal looks fine coming
out on pin 5 of the chip but there is no Y signal coming out on pin 1 even
though I can see a signal going in on pin 11. I guess the only other thing to
check might be to see if something is pulling that signal down somehow -
otherwise I'll probably need to replace that chip.

Any comments on this? Has anyone thought about making a replacement part for
this IC? I hate having to rob it off of another monitor.

matt