Need some help with an Electrohome G08

From: Matt Rossiter <rossiter_at_ni.net>
Date: Thu May 10 2001 - 05:25:19 EDT

I've been working on getting an Eliminator restored and almost have the
monitor working but I'm running into a problem. When I plug the monitor
into a game that I know is working it will sit there and do nothing for
a while. Even the power transistors are cold, but then every once in a
while the high voltage will kick in and display a couple of dots in the
center of the screen and then the high voltage will shutoff and the
monitor will be quiet again.

I've checked all the solder joints and they look good and none of the
fuses are blowing. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas before I pull
out the oscilloscope.
Matt