Re: Nylon Pushbutton source?

From: Travis Shire <boardjunkie_at_techie.com>
Date: Mon May 14 2001 - 09:54:38 EDT

Yep...those are Nintendo microswitch brackets as used in DK, Popeye, etc. They were screwed down to the wood so they can't really be all that useful for much.

While on the subject of buttons....wandering around Lowes yesterday I found the most killer washer/spacer things for leaf sw. buttons with e-clips. Midway used them in the early days to limit the travel of the plunger and give a better look and feel. the ones they used were steel and rattled around a bit. Lowes has some nylon spacers that work great for this and the pal nut will fit over it. They are located in the hardware section under nylon fasteners. Forget the part# but they are 5/16" 4 per pkg @.35/pkg.

Anyone else this picky with buttons? Prob'ly not, but....did I mention I use pinball slingshot kicker switches on my vids? Way smoother than regular leaf switches intended for buttons. Anyone have a good source on those? I'm about out.

later kids.....