Vector rotation

From: Neil Bradley <neil_at_synthcom.com>
Date: Tue May 15 2001 - 02:02:25 EDT

While not 100% on topic but distantly related due to my attempted vector
activities, how does one rotate a 2D vector around a common point? Let's
say I had a list of vector points:

X | Y
-------
0 | 1
-5 | 14
3 | 7
4 | 9

How would I rotate this around 0,0? It'd be nice to know exactly how to do
it. It has been so long since I've done any trig that my attempts so far
have been laughable.

If you have advice, or a web site, etc... please email! Thank you!

-->Neil