TASMx Macro Assembler with Atari Customizations...

From: Jess Askey <jess_at_askey.org>
Date: Wed May 16 2001 - 02:43:49 EDT

Hi Everyone,
   I have been busy getting my TASMx mods done and it has finally happened. So,
check out
the page I have created for it at...

http://www.gamearchive.com/video/general/hacking/programs/tasmx/

The executable is now available to download and you can view the updated user
manual.

I apoligize to everyone I owe email to. I will start sifting through my inbox
this week. I have been consumed with building a dormer on my house. :-)

Some of the features of TASMx (which is a hack of Thomas Anderson's Telemark
Assembler) ...

The microprocessor families supported by TASM are:

     6502
     6800/6801/68HC11
     6805
     8048
     8051
     8080/8085, Z80
     TMS32010, TMS320C25
     TMS7000
     8096/80196

** Compatible with Atari Macro-11 Source code and associated Vector Macros. **

The user so inclined may build tables for other microprocessors. The
descriptions of the various existing tables and instructions on building new
tables are not in this document but can be
found in the TASMTABS.HTM file on the TASM distribution disk.

TASM characteristics include:

   1.Powerful expression parsing (17 operators).
   2.Supports a subset of the 'C' preprocessor commands.
   3.Macro capability (through use of DEFINE directive).
   4.Multiple statements per line.
   5.Four object file formats: Intel hex, MOS Technology hex, Motorola hex,
binary.
   6.Absolute code generation only.
   7.Source code available (in C).
   8.Uniform syntax across versions for different target machines.
   9.Features in support of PROM programming (preset memory, contiguous block).
  10.Supports extended instructions for many of the supported microprocessor
families.
  11.Tables read at run time - single TASM executable for all table versions.
  12.Symbol table export for inclusion in subsequent assemblies.
  13.Symbol table export file for import with some simulator products.