RE: Thermal adhesives

From: John Butler <John.Butler_at_asu.edu>
Date: Wed May 16 2001 - 13:57:31 EDT

Well I think I can actually help with this one. My brother just built an
Athlon 1333MHz computer, and could not get the processor to run cool enough.
It would sit at 144F and not get cooler. He even cut a hole in the side of
his case and mounted a fan directly over the processor that moves 43CFM of
air, and it would still not run cooler.

He finally tried the Arctic Silver compound, and he is now running at
98-110F. This was a huge difference that has convinced me to order a couple
tubes for pinball bridge rectifiers and of course heat sinks on Asteroids
and Space Fury.(ob vec)

Hope that info helped,

John