Interest in Quantum control panel?

From: tom mcclintock <tomm_at_mgcap.com>
Date: Fri May 18 2001 - 13:09:01 EDT

Hey Guys,

Since I seem to be reproducing parts of a Quantum piece by piece... What
interest would there be in a brand new metal control panel for Quantum?

I've had some conversations about having the same guys who did the metal
parts for Williams (I know, you are thinking to yourself, Williams had
wood control panels) make some new ones for Quantum.

Judging by the sales of the Quantum CPOs, I wouldn't imagine there would
be more than 20 people who would want one. My Quantum control panel has
a number of extra holes drilled in it from a previous conversion, and
while I could patch them...

So, assuming a run of 20 was made, the rough estimated price for a bare
metal Quantum control panel would be around US$130 each, plus shipping.

Please e-mail me privately if you would be interested in purchasing one
so I can gauge interest. Perhaps if this goes well, there might be the
possibility of making Gravitar control panels, dedicated Major Havoc
panels, etc.

Thanks,
tom