RE: BU406*D*

From: Bret Pehrson <bret_at_classicade.com>
Date: Sun May 20 2001 - 02:21:23 EDT

Well, it has been changed -- but I don't know if it was soon enough -- I
don't know how long or what the previous owner did w/ the board. I'd rather
not smoke-test the board any longer, so I'm going to eval each component on
the -24v side.

In looking at the schems, if the BU406 did smoke the HV trans, it would be
the 1-9 winding, right?. While I'm testing, I'll check windings 4-8 and
9-10. Is there a particular resistance I should be checking for on these
windings? BTW: it has the WINTRON in it.

Finally, how do you test the magnetic correction assembly? Open is bad?

Thanks