Re: Cinemonitor uses what DAC-80 type?

From: Paul Kahler <phkahler_at_Oakland.edu>
Date: Thu May 24 2001 - 15:40:35 EDT

> > The Burr-Brown DAC80 comes in two "flavors"; the DAC-80-CBI-V "voltage
> > output", and the DAC-80-CBI-I "current output" type. Which kind is
> > _supposed_ to be in the Cinematronics monitor board? (The schematics don't
> > specify.)
> >
> Let me start by saying that i know NOTHING about cine-monitors,
> BUT if they are like other vector monitors then you need the 'voltage' type.

I can't imagine it working with a current output. Need to check the
schematic just to be sure because I was not aware of the 2 flavors
of the part. The output just goes to an R/C and the voltage on C is
the position. Assuming a voltage output, you get an exponential
charge curve, and that's what the patented line length extension
stuff was all about.

--
<pre>
|_|  |_||_| \___/ |____)      for things another man can just ignore. " -S.H.