Re: Amplifone question

From: <MKDUD_at_aol.com>
Date: Sat Jun 16 2001 - 00:43:17 EDT

In a message dated 6/15/2001 4:08:20 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
rossiter@ni.net writes:

<< 2) I didn't know this until after, but the overvoltage protection pot
(R17) was
 turned completely clockwise. I assume it's probably not good to have the
 overvoltage protection turned off while fiddling with the brighness and
focus.
 Would this be a correct assumption? >>

This is bad. You want to have this pot adjusted to the center when testing
your HV. WinTron should replace your HVT - how long ago did you buy it? They
are usually pretty good about taking care of their customers.

>>3) For a 25" inch monitor, does anyone have a recommendation for the value
of
R6 used with a Wintron? I understand increasing the resistance also allows
you
to increase the KV. The resistor is currently 3.9k.<<

A 2 or 2.2k resistor should do; however you might want to go to a 1 watt
resistor.