Re: FYI: Cosmic Chasm control knob information

From: tom mcclintock <tomm_at_mgcap.com>
Date: Wed Jun 27 2001 - 11:30:57 EDT

According to Tyco Electronics, the 'A' designation of the part is
aluminum, and the 'B' is black.

I was also informed the part number on the web site is a Thomas and Bets
part (KN1751A1/4) - a company Tyco bought out about a year ago. So, I
doubt this is the original design, but it is probably close enough! The
Tyco internal part number is 3-1437622-1

Unfortunately, the knob is Make-to-Order only and is never in stock at
Tyco (but does have an 8-week delivery time). The woman I spoke to did
say that TTI just bought 150 knobs from them and has another order due
at the end of August.

time passes...

A call to TTI (www.ttiinc.com) reveals that the 150 sent to TTI were
special ordered by a customer and so TTI has none in stock. However, if
someone is willing to buy a single 25-piece lot from TTI's next order,
they can be had for $8.95 each (presumably less if one of your guys has
an account with TTI - I do not). So, you are looking at around $225 on
an order.

tom