Re: Breaking into a Star Wars cabinet

From: Rod Spade <rodspade_at_paonline.com>
Date: Sat Jun 01 2002 - 13:04:43 EDT

Thanks to Neil and Richard for the tips! Is there a certain size or
type of drill bit that you recommend?

> The panel you are trying to remove, with the square-head screws, isn't
> likely to help you gain access. If it's the panel I'm thinking of, it is
> also glued and/or stapled to the cabinet.

OK, I won't pursue that avenue anymore.

> You could drill the lock out like Neil suggested

I've heard of "drilling a lock" but never tried it. Sounds like fun!
:-)

> or just try inserting a
> flat screwdriver into it and then turning the screwdriver with a pair of
> vise-grip pliers or slip joint pliers. Often the lock will break
> internally.

That might work for the rear panel. I suspect the coin box lock is a
lot sturdier.

> If that fails, then a drill is the way to go.

Does it really chew up your drill bits? I'd have to borrow my Dad's
drill and don't want to ruin a bit.

> Two, many times you will find the
> key to the back door inside the coin door.

There are quarters in there too! :-)

Rod