Re: Arcade Renovations 'new' monitor

From: Rodger Boots <rlboots_at_cedar-rapids.net>
Date: Mon Jun 10 2002 - 14:25:31 EDT

For what it's worth, I was working on a replacement HV, too. Mine just
plugged into the 120 socket, so could be used with any monitor. It used
the WG K7000 flyback, so replacements aren't a problem. It needs no
isolation transformer (as used, the flyback IS the isolation
transformer).

Knowing me, though, it is unknown if I would ever get the design done.
Designing something like that isn't all that hard, getting it to be
reliable AND work RIGHT is the hard part. It should be interesting to
see what others come up with and if they even bother with stuff like
testing into a dynamic load to see if the regulation is good enough to
keep picture size from changing all over the place. THAT was going to
be the hard part, I was also designing a dynamic load to test the design
with.

But there's always other things I can spend time on (including some
Fluke stuff I haven't even told John about, yet).