RE: XY deflection Proto

From: <David.Fish_at_axcelis.com>
Date: Wed Jun 12 2002 - 08:19:22 EDT

> the final will be beefer. With a few simple resistor changes and an
increase
> in the supply -+40 or so it will replace the 6400.
>
> With 2 more power transistor on each side for safety, some resistor
> changes and +-60V it should replace the go8.
>
> Fred

 Your statement above assumes that the inductance of your yoke
is the same as, or less than, that of the G08-003. Since we have
no data on the 19K6400's yoke we'll have to assume that it's
inductance is LESS that the G08's since it is a faster monitor
and it's +/- rails (+/-47V) are lower than the G08's (+/-63V).
Have you measured the inductance of the yoke you're using? Knowing
this value will help you determine the max slew rate of your
new deflection board/yoke combination.

Dave