Cinematronics monitor: no heater (Space Wars)...

From: Gregg Woodcock <woodcock_at_sisna.com>
Date: Wed Jun 19 2002 - 01:29:17 EDT

I have a Space Wars with no heater glow. The tube checks out (brown and
white wire connections to the tube are shorted at the tube when connector is
disconnected) so the problem is the heater supply. It *appears* that this
is provided either from the HV cage (white wire) or from the
big-honking-molex from the PS harness (brown wire). I *know* the problem is
on the monitor board because the game will run a different monitor just
fine. Anybody have success restoring a missing heater voltage? How is
heater sent/generated?