Gravitar Version 3 ROMS - What changed?

From: Commander Dave <cmdr-dave_at_spamcop.net>
Date: Mon Jun 24 2002 - 11:03:21 EDT

Greetings!

Finally got a couple of vector games, so thought it was time to join the
Vectorlist. One of my games is a Gravitar, and from reading the archives,
there are two different ROM revisions, V2 and V3. What I could not find is
the differences in the two ROM sets. There was speculation that it was a fix
for the "sun orbit" cheat, but was never verified. Anyone know what changes
were made in the ROMS?

On another subject, I know that there is a set of Gravitar prototype ROMS
called Lunar Battle which ran on a modified Space Duel boardset. I wrote to
the current owner and he said that the ROM images were floating around on
the Internet. Anyone have a copy of these ROMS they could point me to?

I also found a reference in the vectorlist archives to the original owner
going to try them on a standard Gravitar boardset and would post the
results, but never did. Anyone know if these prototype ROMS would work on an
original Gravitar boardset?

Thanks!
-Commander Dave