Re: Gravitar Version 3 ROMS - What changed?

From: <MKDUD_at_aol.com>
Date: Mon Jun 24 2002 - 23:25:28 EDT

In a message dated 6/24/2002 10:48:56 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
solarfox@texas.net writes:

> What _is_ the "sun orbit cheat", anyway?
>
> While your at it, how about extending the time on the "red planet"? I
> don't see how it is even _remotely_ possible to get all the way to the
> reactor, shoot it, and get back out again in a mere 22 seconds.

The "sun orbit cheat" is when you orbit the sun in the planet selection
screen, and fire in the general direction of enforcers coming out of the red
planet. You will use very little fuel once you get a good orbit established,
and you'll hit the enforcers before they can "zoom in" for a 1 to 1 battle
with your ship.
This is a bit time consuming, but if you spend enought time doing it, you
could get an illegitimate score in the 200k range. Personally, I feel this is
the only problem with a game that is otherwise fantastic.

As far as the 22 second red planet time goes, just watch a decent to good
Gravitar player. 22 seconds is PLENTY of time. You have to work on your
flying skills - especially if you're going to hope to survive level 3 and up.

MK