Re: Fw: Vectrex Yokes

From: Andy Welburn <warlords_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Fri Jun 28 2002 - 02:44:50 EDT

you say very good results, i'm intrigued..

are you pumping this new deflection circuit with atari-type signals, or are
you using the original vectrex game board?

vectrexes are still plentiful and cheap (relative to vector monitors) and my
interest is taking a vectrex and using it as a testbench monitor..

If you really wanted to impress me, find out why the blanking speed isn't up
to the speed of atari games, i have deduced this is a limitation of the
tube, but then again, what do i know? i'm only fudging around..

I am tempted to build your new deflection circuit if indeed it increases the
slew performance but i need to find 3 minutes when i'm not busy :)

If a new deflection could be designed for the vectrex that would use the
original yoke/hv, and had a much improved performance over a hacked vectrex
deflection then i'm interested.. i have 3 vectrexes here, in various states
of disrepair and i'd dearly like to get my wooden 'vectrex in a box' back up
and running :)

Andy