Discrete sound circuits

From: Frank Palazzolo <palazzol_at_home.com>
Date: Mon Jul 02 2001 - 19:56:30 EDT

Hi all,

I've been playing around with the subsystem of MAME responsible for
simulating/emulating discrete sound circuits. As a start, I'm playing with a
couple Asteroids boardsets, schematics, SPICE, and the simulation code.
I'm hoping to get to the circuits in the Sega vector and Cine games as well.

Basically, I'm giving vectorlist a heads-up - because I'm planning to generate
a lot of documentation about the functions of the sound circuits along the
way. This info could be useful for debugging boards or designing
replacement boards/parts.

Actually, if a DSP-based cards for the G-80 or cine stuff ever get designed, I
think some of the digital filtering stuff I'm playing with could be used directly.

Also, if there are certian games that someone really needs understood,
maybe I can change the order of which games I look at first...

Thanks,
-Frank