Re: Amplifone in Aztarac?

From: Andy Welburn <warlords_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Fri Jul 06 2001 - 08:06:45 EDT

> In a message dated 7/5/2001 2:57:54 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> warlords@ntlworld.com writes:
>
> << In the vectrex case, the blanking (Z) does appear to react a whole lot
> slower, whcih is the main thing i will be looking at to upgrade on it. I
> don't so much mind the rounded corners to stuff, i can live with that :)
>>

> The blanking is slower, but I'd be worried about the slew - I'm guessing
the
> picture would look so "biped" out that the game might be unplayable.

not sure what you mean tho.. the slew is slower yes, resulting in rounded
corners and stuff, but the main problem is the blanking, the beams not
turning on and off quick enough, making the beggining/end of vectors weird..

> I think
> somebody tried this before - (maybey Dan Hossak??) and the picture looked
> like it needed severe "bip" adjustments on the board, making the game
> unplayable.

well, tried what? AFAIK i'm the only one to have done it so far :) I'm still
using my vectrex on my test rig to this day, its fine for troubleshooting,
its also playable, but writing, and small vectors get weird because the beam
isn't turned on/off quick enough. playable... but not too good :) but who
cares? :)

Andy