Re: Wintron transformers

From: Zonn <zonn_at_zonn.com>
Date: Tue Jul 10 2001 - 14:08:54 EDT

On Tue, 10 Jul 2001 13:48:34 -0400 (EDT), "Christopher X. Candreva"
<chris@westnet.com> wrote:

>On Tue, 10 Jul 2001, John Robertson wrote:
>
>> I found a major manufacturer of flybacks in China-perhaps they would be
>> interested in making these? This can be someones summer project...
>>
>> http://www.xian-radio-fty2.com.cn/english/product/1.htm
>
>Wasn't the guy from Zanen working on getting cheaper Ampliphone transformers
>made up ? I seem to recall THAT being in the works for over a year, then
>never heard anything again.

The problem with the Amplifone HV transformers is that they are part of a tuned
circuit. Which is why attempts by manufacturers in the past to make these have
failed.

If we could find a manufacturer willing to make HV transformers in low
quantities, we should just specify the characteristics of the HV transformer we
want and build a more universal HV power supply for all vector monitors.

The rest of the circuit is pretty simple and uses readily available parts.

The easiest would be to clone the WG HV section and find some company to
manufacture WG HV transformers.

The price of the end unit would be highly dependent upon the price of the HV
transformer. With the prices of Wintron's being what they are, if we could get
a decent price for the HV transformer, the whole unit might go for less than a
Wintron.

And with that, and a company willing to build yokes in onesies, twosies, we'd
have a new X/Y monitor.

And with that, and a slice of ham, we'd have a ham sandwich -- if we had two
slices of bread.

-Zonn