Armor Attack Morse Code Again

From: Paul Sommers <rgvac_aust_at_dingoblue.net.au>
Date: Tue Jul 24 2001 - 02:56:29 EDT

Gang,

Brian has just put up his arcade history page again (www.arcadehistory.com).

In it there is an interview with the designer of Armor Attack which clarifies
the morse code message we were talking about a couple of months ago.

"At the time I was finishing the game, the (US) government decreed that every
male of draft age had to register, even
though there was no draft in effect. This pissed me off (old draft resistor),
especially since my buddy Scott Boden
was someone who had to sign up. I wanted to use morse code sounds in Armor
Attack, and I knew morse, (old boy
scout) so that's real morse code in the game beeping out "dontregister." I was
also assuaging my own conscience,
since I had heard that Atari had sold Battle Zone to the Army."

The final word.

Good site too!

Cheers
MacMan