I found some useful IC amps to drive yokes with...and some memories...

From: Aaron Howald <ahowald_at_w-link.net>
Date: Fri Aug 03 2001 - 03:08:23 EDT

The company is(was) called apex u-tech.
They are on the web at http://www.apexmicrotech.com/index.html
I recently bought 2 PA-46 amps to play with, also the PA-10 and the PA-3
will (might?) work too, but they use really strange packages...
These guys really specialize in high current or high voltage stuff.
The prices are not too bad...

When I first ordered from them, back in 1996 or so, I got 4 PA-10A's,
and built a circuit(after a lot of phone calls from tech help) to drive
the yoke of a old 25"zenith tv. The slew was awful, but music looked cool,
I rigged the color to change with music content. I have a tape of it
somewhere;
but the monitor is gone now....I'm building a better,faster one now!

A.Howald
ahowald@w-link.net