Re: Atari color generator tidbits

From: Christopher X. Candreva <chris_at_westnet.com>
Date: Wed Aug 08 2001 - 14:36:04 EDT

On Wed, 8 Aug 2001, Rodger Boots wrote:

> Because the beam spends more time at the center of the screen than anywhere
> else. Connect a scope to the X and Y outputs (using the scope as a monitor

That I understand. It still doesn't explain why the dot appears. You don't
normally see the dot because the Z is off at the center. If the ouput
switch for a color fails, you shouldn't see that color at all.

Why would it be turning on when the beam is in the center (when it's
normally off), but not elsewhere (when it should be on) -- and ONLY when the
color was being called for ?

-Chris