RE: Please help with Omega Race CPU if you can

From: <David.Fish_at_axcelis.com>
Date: Wed Aug 29 2001 - 10:31:39 EDT

Michael Kelley wrote:
<snip>
> but I'm not sure where to check next. I have a Fluke 9010A
> with a Z80 pod,
> and I'm getting "active line force interrupt" errors in the
> auto or bus test.
> My Z80 pod is testing fine in self test. I'm not sure what I
> should be
> checking next. Board has no corrosion damage. Please help if you can.

 The errors in the 9010 are most likely due to the Watchdog circuit.
If you have a scope handy check the /RESET line (CPU pin 26) and the
/INT line (CPU pin 16). These lines MUST be at a HIGH logic level for
the POD to operate. Unfortunately, the Omega Race board does not have
a handy 'watchdog disable' pad like the Atari boards, you may have
to lift an IC leg to disable the watchdog.

Dave