Re: Please help with Omega Race CPU if you can

From: <MKDUD_at_aol.com>
Date: Wed Aug 29 2001 - 10:58:26 EDT

In a message dated 8/29/2001 10:39:39 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
David.Fish@axcelis.com writes:

<< The errors in the 9010 are most likely due to the Watchdog circuit.
 If you have a scope handy check the /RESET line (CPU pin 26) and the
 /INT line (CPU pin 16). These lines MUST be at a HIGH logic level for
 the POD to operate. Unfortunately, the Omega Race board does not have
 a handy 'watchdog disable' pad like the Atari boards, you may have
 to lift an IC leg to disable the watchdog.

 Dave >>
>>IIRC, you press <SETUP>, followed by the <MORE> key.
Keep pressing <MORE> until the error you are seeing (act ln force)
is on the display. Then press <NO>, and make sure the state
changes on the disply. Then run your test again. (and it will stop on
your _next_ problem... :-/ )

-Mark<<

Thanks Dave and Mark! As you can see, I'm rather new to using the Fluke to
fix the OR board. I'll disable the "act in force" in setup, and report the
results.
Thanks Again,
Michael Kelley