Re: Re: VECTO: 25" Amplifone tube DAG connector/spring?

From: Douglas Gauck <0k64dgau_at_gte.net>
Date: Thu Aug 01 2002 - 14:54:17 EDT

It's the original (highly prone to failure) HVT unit Atari used for the
Amplifone monitor and some say is partly responsible for vector games
becoming extinct. As the widespread failures kept occurring, operators came
to think of all vector games as 'unreliable'.
Anyway, my original post (only 49.95!) is meant to be ironic because even a
new one is not worth buying at any price. It can take other parts of your
monitor with it when it goes (and it will).

See

www.gamearchive.com/video/manufacturer/atari/vector/
monitors/amplifone/amplifone_faq_1_2.pdf

For more gory details / hearsay.

-Douglas