Re: Anybody done John's Raster Hack for Ampliphone?

From: John Robertson <pinball_at_telus.net>
Date: Sun Aug 04 2002 - 15:42:48 EDT

In thinking this over (and not having the schematics at home...) I DID use
the 4600 socket with the 4600 chassis and simply removed the output
transistors. This left the Screen Control (the 1Meg pot) on the neckboard
for your brightness. Note the addition of the 1 ohm resistor to reduce
inrush current to the tube, probably not required, but I didn't try it
without - however as the monitor is hooked to the original heater circuit I
can see where that resistor is redundant and can be not installed - thus
keeping the heater circuit as original on the 4600.

So, you are removing the Ampliphone HV board AND the Ampliphone tube socket.

Remember that you must have the 4600 YOKE hooked up and placed way off to
one side (so it won't interfere with the picture...)

When you get around to pictures take a couple of the modified neckboard and
I'll rewrite the docs to fit them in...I'm going to edit them right now to
reflect this conversation to date...

John :-#)#