Star Wars Amplifone Success!

From: Chris Wopat <lists_at_falz.net>
Date: Thu Aug 08 2002 - 20:51:35 EDT

Hooray! Just today I've gotten my new Wintron installed (well, I didn't do
it, but my repair guy did), and it works great! Star Wars looks better than
I remember it! It had the Red HV replaced, along with the BU406D. I bought
some extras, so if someone's in need let me know. It didnt work the first
try, but thanks to the Amplifone guide, we checked the "stupid, asinine, and
idiodic brown jumper", and it was no good! Replacing this with a jumper
fixed all, and it looks great!

http://falz.net/starwars/images/swscreenshot_firstday.jpg (crappy NTSC
screenshot, it doesnt do it justice)

So, I got the game for free, just had to pay for service and Wintron
flyback, which totallted out to less than $400. It's about time that my
karma paid up!

-Chris

PS- unfortunately, it'd been dead for four years, and the battery died so my
old scores are gone. Just gotta figure out how to get that replaced, and I
shall be happy!