Re: 6502 info.

From: Neil Bradley <nb_at_synthcom.com>
Date: Thu Aug 15 2002 - 21:17:29 EDT

> > so if you suspect that a game is using illegal opcodes then try to use the
> > original brand of cpu.
>
> So which, if any, vector video (arcade) games used illegal instructions on a 6502?
> That's the million dollar question.
> I've never had trouble with subs in arcade games, but I've never tried a 65C02 in
> one either.
>
> Is there a list (yet)?
>
> Neil - A, AD or LL use any?

Nope. They are all straight up 6502 instructions. I've looked at the code.
My emulator core doesn't support 65C02 instructions, but it runs all the
6502 vector games.

IIRC, The 65C02 wasn't released until the early 80s anyway, right? That
would be post LL and Asteroids, and even AD depending upon the timing.

-->Neil