RE: Amplifone No HV

From: Bret Pehrson <bret_at_infowest.com>
Date: Sun Aug 18 2002 - 00:07:10 EDT

First thing to do is check the regs: +/- 30* in, +/- 24 out (*30 is
spec, you will typically up to +/- 33v).

http://www.classicade.com/temp/AmplifoneTestPoints.jpg

Also, replace all the zero ohm (brown) jumpers on the deflection board
as well. Don't forget the rudimentary: check for cold solder joints,
and resolder any harness wires that look frayed (the grounds on the HV
typically are stressed).

I'll wager that you HVT is bad, the red just doesn't last that long.
I'd recommend getting a WinTron ASAP, even if you do get the red up and
running, it is only a matter of time before it goes, and it will
probably take out a couple of components w/ it when it does go.

I've seen n/w HV boards semi-regularly on eBay -- typically fetch $80 or
so for red, $200+ for WinTron.