Re: TECH:Two Lunar Lander issues no y or z out & a "resetting" issue.

From: mccullar <mccullar_at_flash.net>
Date: Fri Aug 23 2002 - 00:02:55 EDT

Things to try:

*) Substitute ROMs, RAMs and the microprocessor if you can.

I have seen _Asteroids_ boards with the "Self-test works, but won't work in game play" caused by a bad vector PROM. This is on the other side of the motherboard from the ROMs and RAMs. IIRC, I think the vector PROM on _Lunar Lander_ is identical to that used on _Asteroids_ and _Asteroids Deluxe_, but I can't say for sure at the moment because I do not have my notes in front of me. Anybody else, feel free to confirm or refute this.

As for the other board problem, can you verify that the on-board voltage regulators are working OK? The 7815 and 7915 must work, because they feed the op-amps in the output video circuitry. If you've got a 'scope (or even a logic probe), check the inputs of the DACs for activity.

HTH,

Matt J. McCullar