ZVG update/Status

From: Bill Paul <kf6bbl_at_cox.net>
Date: Fri Aug 30 2002 - 02:39:01 EDT

It's been a while since we mentioned anything here, so I figured we would
let you folks know where we are at.
Currently the hardware is completed. We have dialed in all the part values
to get excellent pincushion and linearity corrections. In fact we think it
performs better than the Atari VG.
We just got our first run production PCBs. The pictures on the web page are
of Rev A, and we made a couple minor changes to bring us up to rev B.
Tomorrow or Monday I will be putting the board into an assembly shop, so we
are about 2 or 3 weeks away from shipping.
On the software front, Zonn has completely re-wrote the timing
co-processor, and got the vectors looking crisper than anything I have
seen. I'm looking forward to a shoot out of the ZVG vs. Atari or
Cinematronics hardware. :)
Still a little software work to complete, such as parallel port code, but
it should be smooth sailing form here on out (famous last words).
Our first run will be for 25 boards. We have 100 PCBs, but will do the next
75 when we have enough $$ to buy parts.
We should have it mostly up and running at the CA Extreme show next week,
so if you are in the area, be sure and stop by to check it out!
-Bill