Battlezone and Red Baron AVGs not interchangeable?

From: Lewis Mills <lmills01_at_home.com>
Date: Sun Sep 16 2001 - 12:04:10 EDT

Hi,
I wish it was that simple! Apparently, I have a later revision of the Red
Baron AVG. It's marked "D" and has 9 ROMs, not 8 like my BZ boards. The
schematic on line at
http://www.spies.com/arcade/schematics/atari/RedBaron2A.tiff shows (I think)
a "C;" it seems to be the same configuration I have.

The manual I have also says on the AVG parts list page:
"! WARNING !
Although this PCB may closely resemble Battlezone and other X-Y game PCBs,
it is not interchangeable with them. Attempting to use this Red Baron PCB in
any other game may cause a fire!"
Lewis