The plane! The plane!

From: Lewis Mills <lmills01_at_home.com>
Date: Mon Sep 17 2001 - 22:50:29 EDT

Hi,
I've gotten a Red Baron boardset going enough to see the plane, but that's
about all I see. In test mode, the grid looks OK horizontally, but it's only
in the bottom half of the screen, and there's no text visible. In game mode,
the plane keeps flying by, with an occasional view of a couple of mountains
at the bottom. With a Battlezone boardset in, the monitor displays fine (a
little canted to the side, but that's another issue).

When I started, I got error beeps indicating a bad RAM at A1. I replaced it,
along with A2, and still got the same error message. Replaced B1 and B2,
still the same beeps. Replaced C1, and no more beeps. Replaced C2 for good
measure, and I think the AVG board is now OK.

So, I'm thinking the problem is in the Red Baron aux board. Somewhere along
the line that makes up the X signal. Has anyone seen this problem? Any tips
about where I should start looking? Does it seem I'm on the right track
concentrating on the aux board?
Thanks,
Lewis